Subscribe: Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
When we talk about cities, developers are often the only businesses that get discussed. But how can other companies contribute to a city? To explore this question, we wanted to talk to someone that has helped spearhead a purpose driven business with community at the heart of the operation.
Jim Button is the co-founder of Village Brewery, a brewery based in Calgary, AB. Since day one, 10% of the company’s bottom line has gone towards supporting Calgary’s arts and community.
In this episode Jim and John talk about:
- The importance of finding purpose
- Calgary’s changing culture
- How pubs and breweries can catalyze a community
- Learn more about Village Brewery
- Check out the Esker Foundation
- Find out what places make Calgarians happy – Happy YYC
- Microbreweries invigorating neighbourhoods across Canada: U of R geographer
- Learn more about Inglewood, a Calgary neighbourhood mentioned by Jim
- Discover the 2017 Word of the Year
- Email us about your favourite community-drive brewery. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn more about the work we do at Intelligent Futures