Subscribe: Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Too often the people making decisions about our cities look quite a lot like the same — white, male and able-bodied. But if we want equitable cities and communities, we need a far wide range of folks at the table.
John chats with Paty Rios from Happy City about designing inclusive cities for women, by women.
In this episode, Paty and John discuss:
- Her experiences in architecture school
- Some important urban and interior design considerations that are left out when it’s just men at the table
- How we can make engagement processes more inclusive
- Learn more about Paty Rios and Happy City here
- Follow Paty on Twitter @riospaty
- Check out Happy City’s Happy Homes Toolkit
- Read about Caroline Criado-Perez’s book Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Design for Men